Olbia Airport management company, GEASAR S.p.A. was founded in 1985 and became operational in March 1989 when it was entrusted with the management of the airport and its facilities by the Italian Ministry of Transportation. In October 2004, after 15 years of hard work, the company received the forty-year concession, that assigns to Geasar the Airport full direction for the next forty years.
In concomitance with the concession, Enac assigned to Geasar also the 'Airport Certificate', according to the '“Regolamento per la costruzione e l’esercizio degli aeroporti” used by the ENAC CDA from October 2003. This document certifies the managing companies and provide for a continuous control by them on the security processes. Olbia Airport is the first among national airports with passenger traffic below two millions passengers and the eighth among Italian airports to receive this certificate.
In January 2010 Geasar S.p.A. received the Certificate of Conformity of the Environmental Management System that meets the parameters of the UNI EN ISO 14001.
The company shares are divided up as follows: Meridiana S.p.A. (79,8%), Sassari Chamber of Commerce (10%), Nuoro Chamber of Commerce (8%), Independent Region of Sardinia (2%), Costa Smeralda Consortium (0,2%).
They are part of the group the companies Cortesa S.r.l. and Eccelsa Aviation S.r.l. (link/pagine di approfondimento)
By obtaining the forty years concession for the total management of the airport, Geasar confirms its role as total manager of the operational and management activities carried out at Olbia Airport, including:
- Handling Services: ground handling of passengers and line aircraft and Charter;
- General Aviation (Eccelsa Aviation Srl): ground handling of passengers and private aircraft;
- Leading and maintenance of flight infrastructure (track, yards, etc.) and airport infrastructure (airport, shopping mall, parking lots, offices, etc.);
- Commercial activities managed directly (Cortesa Srl) or sub-licensing.
All activities are carried out with the aim of:
- distinguish the airport by the quality of its services in terms of hospitality, elegance, courtesy and safety;
- confirm the centrality of the customer and the continuous search for His satisfaction.