The commitment of Geasar is aimed at developing a culture of safety through all airport activities, aware that all those operating within the airport contribute, each in their own role, to secure operations on the ground and in flight.
Safety is an important priority in all the activities of Geasar as it allows us to better protect the main resource of the airport, the passenger.
Geasar is committed to developing, implementing and improving appropriate management strategies, systems and processes to ensure that all airport activities confirm the highest level of safety and meet all national and international standards.The Safety Management System
In December 2007, Geasar set up the Safety Management System (SMS) at Olbia Airport: a special facility dedicated to identifying the dangers inherent in airport activities, their assessment and management of associated risks, including actions to be undertaken to mitigate the risk.
The SMS consists of various elements, among these are:
• Safety Policy
• Reporting SystemSafety Policy
The safety policy is a central component of the SMS and establishes the commitment of Geasar to ensure that Safety is the driving force of all airport operations on the ground related to flight activity.
Aware that all those operating within the airport contribute, to varying degrees, to secure operations on the ground and in flight, Geasar has put in place and will continue to put in place the following:
• compliance of flight infrastructures and plants / aids
• periodic verification of all the equipment and vehicles used in airside activities
• drafting and continuous review of operating procedures
• specific and recurrent training of staff
The above will allow Geasar, also through the implementation of Safety Management System, to achieve the following objectives:
• Responsibility of management and individual collaborators to safety issues
• Dissemination and rooting in the personnel working at all levels of a positive culture of Safety and of the universal principle of Just Culture
• Maintenance and improvement of the Safety
• Awareness of all operators on the need to report any event that could have an impact on SafetyDownload Politica di sicurezza (Safety Policy)
The Reporting System
A central element of the Safety Management System is the Reporting System. This includes all the activities of collecting and managing aeronautical event reports, analyzed for the monitoring of safety standards and the continuous development of the Safety Management System.
Each anomalous event contains in itself the elements that, if properly known and investigated, can form the basis for implementing the appropriate corrective actions, so that the event does not happen again.
Anyone, but above all, every airport person is required to collaborate with the airport security programs reporting in the shortest possible time any event that may have, or has had, an impact on the safety of operations, using the voluntary reporting form "Ground" Safety Report "(GSR) below.Download Ground Safety Report Ground safety report Click here